The college has 14 departments in consonance with the central council of Indian Medicine regulations.
1. Highly qualified & experienced staff as per the CCIM norms.
2. Well equipped laboratories as traditional way with modern equipments for shaping & sharpening the skills.
3. Well established departmental laborateries, museum, E-museum, seminar rooms & E-classrooms.
4. Self learning facilities through museum & ICT enable student kiosks.
5. 180 bedded hospital including teaching & service beds providing abundant clinical material for research 7 learning purposes.
Established in 2007
Lecture halls : The Ayurved college have 7 lecture halls with sitting capacity of near about 100 each. All of them are well ventilated with fine installed audio visual aids.
Library: The library is the reflection of the academic standard of then institute. Separate library for Ayurved college is available with the facilities like CD database 136 internet facilities with 10 computer terminals in digital lab.
Books-13667 books with 2206 titles Journals-57
SALIENT FEATURES OF MAHATMA GANDHI AYURVEDA HOSPITAL
- Free of cost registration, consultation & admission.
- Indoor facilities with 180 beds in general and special wards.
- Well-equipped Panchkarma Centre.
- Well equipped major and minor operation theaters are available.
- Ksharsutra, Agnikarma and Jalaukavacharan facilities are available.
- Physiotherapy facilities are available for IPD and OPD
- Free of cost transport services are available on 18 routes in Wardha district and nearby districts.
- Free of cost medical checkup, multi diagnostic and specialty camps are arranged.
- Yoga and Pranayam facilities are available for patients and healthy persons.
- Vandhyatwaniwaran Kendra (Infertility) and Garbhasanskar Facilities are available.
- Swarnaprashan immunization is provided on every Pushyanakshatra for boosting the immunity of the children, 5 new centers for Swanprashan vaccination are also started in the district.
- Seasonal kadha is provided to the patients as well as to the healthy persons.
- For Asthama patients, free of cost medicine is distributed on Kojagiripurnima at midnight
- Raw drugs are cultivated and used for finished goods.
- Chawyanprash, gulkand, diabetic kadha and more than 84 medicines are prepared in our home pharmacy.
- Family card, DADY card, Maher card facility is available.
- Kits are available for various diseases like J-kit, Y-kit, CP kit and Swarnaprashana kit.
- Patient’s Feedback is also considered on OPD and IPD level.
- Village adaptation programe is also run by university for health purposes of the society.
- Geriatric OPD has been started.
Courses offered: B.A.M.S., M.D./M.S., Ph.D.
- B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery): 4 ½ years degree course and one year compulsory Internship.
- M.D./M.S.: started in eight subjects of Ayurveda – Samhita, Dravyaguna, Rachana Sharir, Agadtantra, Kayachikitsa, Panchakarma, Shalyatantra, Rasashastra.
- Ph.D.(Ayurveda): started in four subjects of Ayurveda – Dravyaguna, Agadtantra, Panchakarma, Shalyatantra.